From: Nicolas SAPAY (nicolas.sapay_at_cermav.cnrs.fr)
Date: Wed Aug 19 2009 - 02:22:18 CDT

Hello,

I'm trying to render a scene with Tachyon. When I use the following command:
   render Tachyon ./img/molecule_0.dat

VMD correctly generates the .dat file, but the tachyon command is not
executed and no picture is rendered. To render the picture, I have to
execute the command manually:
  exec /home/software/vmd-1.8.7/lib/tachyon_LINUXAMD64 -aasamples 12
-auto_skylight 0.8 ./img/molecule_0.dat -format TARGA -o
./img/molecule_0.dat.tga

I can perfectly live with that, but I'd like to understand where the
problem comes from. Note that if I execute something like that:
   exec [render options Tachyon]

the exec fails with a "file not found" error.

Cheers,
Nicolas

--
[ Nicolas Sapay - Post-Doctoral Fellow ]
CERMAV - www.cermav.cnrs.fr