From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 26 2009 - 19:59:55 CDT

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 20:08 -0400, Edward P. Manning wrote:

ed,

> I'd like to view and manipulate two separate structures with VMD and find
> out each of their coordinates in .pdb format when I'm done arranging them
> how I'd like. Is that possible with VMD?

yes. provided you use the proper method, i.e. either computed
coordinate transformations with atom selection functions/objects
or the mouse move mode. the "normal" molecule translation/rotation
only changes the viewpoints not the coordinates.

> If not, does anyone know any convenient way of doing this other than
> performing transformations outside of VMD followed by visualizing them?

how convenient this is depends on the kind of "arrangements" that
you would like to do.

cheers,
   axel.