From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 23 2009 - 12:49:24 CDT

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:23:34PM -0400, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:
[...]
> if you can wait a few more days, there should be a final
> release for VMD (john is working very hard to get it done),
> and i assume also a binary with interactive graphics support
> for AIX will show up.

Actually no, there won't be a binary with graphics support
for AIX provided in the 1.8.7 release. I don't have access
to any AIX systems that have the required OpenGL installation,
so I can't build a graphics-enabled VMD for AIX presently.
The only AIX machine I have access to is a Blue Waters porting
machine that doesn't have OpenGL.

That said, people that run on AIX and have the appropriate
IBM OpenGL packages installed locally should be able to
compile VMD from source code and build themselves a
graphics-enabled binary without much difficulty.