From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 08:49:00 CDT

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 17:25 +0530, Ajeeta kaushiki wrote:

> I have a linux machine - i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux , Earlier I was
> having vmd 1.8.6 , I removed it by removing vmd from usr/local/bin by
> rm command and now I am trying to install VMD 1.8.7 beta version .
> While doing ./configure - I am just getting " using configure.options:
> LINUX OPENGL FLTK TK ACTC CUDA IMD LIBSBALL XINPUT LIBTACHYON VRPN
> NETCDF TCL PTHREADS SILENT " and it ends without initiating
> configuration .

this is not correct. the configure script did exactly
what it is supposed to do.

> I am having ' vmd-1.8.7beta5.bin.LINUX.opengl.tar.gz' this download
> copy .
>
> Kindly help me with installation set up since I am not understanding
> this error.

this is not an error of VMD, but you didn't read
the installation instructions. read it and follow
it and the installation will work. if you have
problems beyond that, please be so kind and first
check out the linux related release notes.

thanks,
   axel.