From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 15:52:33 CDT

Mike,
  I do remember talking about this before, but as far as I recall
the specific problem you're having isn't so much wait but the way
wait behaves inside of Tcl procs etc. If you use wait in a script
that you "play" it should work fine. If you use wait in a script
that you "source" it may or may not work. Let me know if you need
more help with this. Running "vmd -e script.vmd" is equivalent to doing
"play script.vmd" inside of the VMD console. If you're using source
rather than play, this would likely explain your problem.
Let me know if you need more help with this or if my suggestion
doesn't cure your problem.

Thanks,