From: Low Soo Mei (lowsm_at_bii.a-star.edu.sg)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 21:44:35 CDT

Hi,

When I start up VMD, amongst the startup messages is this line "no CUDA
accelerator devices available". But I have an Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT
graphics card which is CUDA-competent. I installed my Linux x86_64
binary for vmd 1.8.7 beta 5 with the default configure options, which
are LINUXAMD64 OPENGL FLTK TK ACTC CUDA IMD LIBSBALL XINPUT LIBTACHYON
VRPN NETCDF TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY SILENT .

Is there something I should be doing to get VMD to use my graphics card
GPU more productively?

When I run BOINC Rosetta on this computer (in its idle time) the CUDA is
detected and I can see a noticeable speed-up in Rosetta computations.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Cheers,
Soo Mei