From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 16 2009 - 09:59:26 CDT

Hi,
  In order to use the "ppmtompeg" tool within the VMD movie maker,
you should verify that you're able to run it manually as well.

What happens if you do something like this from a terminal window:

johns_at_casablanca{64} /usr/local/bin/ppmtompeg --version
ppmtompeg: Using libnetpbm from Netpbm Version: Netpbm 10.25
ppmtompeg: Compiled Thu Apr 12 16:21:58 EDT 2007 by user "brewbuilder"
ppmtompeg: BSD defined
ppmtompeg: RGB_ENV='RGBDEF'
ppmtompeg: RGBENV= 'RGBDEF' (env vbl is unset)