From: Chetan Mahajan (cmahajan_at_steinitz.che.utexas.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 10:00:30 CDT

Thanks, Axel.

1. I was searching topotools in users' guide or menu for 1.8.7

So if I figure out everything, I will give it a try sometime and pass one
the feedback..same for extending script for lmp2vmd tool..

2. Regarding my point 1 of resid tool, I just followed following
instructions in lmp2vmd README.

The script defines a new procedure "lmpresidfromdata". To activate it type

   at the VMD command prompt:

     source lmpresid2vmd.tcl

   To then add the residue information to a PSF file, see the steps for from

   item 1 from above and then type into the VMD console.

     lmpresidfromdata [molinfo top] data.micelle

Since I don't see any visible changes, I was wondering what it does, in
particular.

Another little thing is I find that the step "To then add the residue
information to a PSF file, see the steps for from

item 1 from above and" not needed, since we want to generate .psf file with
all the features of bonding, residue, atom names etc, if we repeat this " "
step everytime for all 4 steps in lmp2vmd README, then final .psf file is
not inclusive of all features. And since we want to load only one .psf file
with lammps trajectory, it's not desirable to repeat that step of loading
lammps traj every time. So I suggest removing those instructions from
README.

Thanks

Chetan