From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 07:24:05 CDT

Rob,
  At present, you can only load a volumetric data object for all
timesteps. For a subsequent version of VMD I may enable loading
these for a trajectory, but to make that feasible, several parts
of the VMD volume rendering code need to be GPU-accelerated so that
animation of such datasets becomes usable. For now, you
could start with a plugin that loads only volumetric maps from the
last timestep. You might also consider talking to Axel and Jan
about projecting onto GTOs and providing the QM data to VMD via
the QM plugin APIs. If you could do that, it would use far less memory
than storing the volumetric grids for the properties of interest.
We expect to add several new QM related representations in the
next version that would likely be of interest to you.