From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 10:09:49 CST

Since STL files require that geometry be closed, and non-self-intersecting,
current versions of VMD will only export the MSMS or Surf representations,
as they meet the requirements of 3-D printers pretty well. If you'd like
to make 3-D solid models of other representations, let me know, perhaps
I can provide you with a test version that would work for other
representations.

Thanks,