From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun May 24 2009 - 11:40:33 CDT

On Sun, 2009-05-24 at 02:45 -0700, Rob wrote:

rob,

as a proof of concept, please find attached a minimalistic
version of a custom molecule file loader that i could hack
together in half an hour and that will insert itself into
the extensions molecule and be visible by default.

just add the attached code at the end of your .vmdrc.

it is pretty raw and mostly using pieces of code from
other plugins, but it is fully functional and i hope
it demonstrates the idea. feel free to improve it (e.g.
by adding a GUI to select file types) and send us the
result for inclusion into a future version of VMD.

cheers,
    axel.