From: MyLinkka (mylinkka_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 20 2009 - 05:29:22 CDT

Him John,

Thank you for the helpful information.

First I confirm that on my desktop PC, after uninstalling the old
version (1.8.6) and reinstalling the
beta 3, the problem was gone! Apparently, beta3 doesn't like his older
brothers.

I did the same procedure on my laptop, but no luck there. Currently I
have only beta 3 installed
and it cannot start still. Here are the information for this laptop
including graphics card info:

  Model: HP EliteBook 8730w
  Type: Mobile
  Manufactured by: Hewlett-Packard
  BaseBoard ID: 30EC
  TPM: IFX Infineon Trusted Platform Module 1.2
  Bios Version: HPQOEM - f
  SMBIOS Version: 68PAD Ver. F.08 (2008-09-26)
  Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M
  Graphics Driver: 185.85
  Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
  Service Pack: 3

The driver for the graphics card I've tried are:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3784202&prodNameId=3784204&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-70306-1
<http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3784202&prodNameId=3784204&swEnvOID=1093&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-70306-1>
and
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_fx_notebook_winxp_185.85_whql.html

I think this are the latest. Please check if these drivers are causing
the problem. Thanks!

ting