From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 20:59:20 CDT

Maxim,
  There aren't any automatic update features for the angles/dihedrals/etc
if you modify the bonding. At present, VMD merely carries the
angle/dihedral/etc information around but doesn't use it for anything
itself. You could update the angles etc yourself with some basic
scripting if you like, or you could run the structure through
autopsf/psfgen to regenerate the structure using more sophisticated
methods.