From: Suman Chakrabarty (suman_at_sscu.iisc.ernet.in)
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 07:53:12 CDT

Hi,

since I did not get any solution to the following problem, let me try
to reframe my question. I have a hydrophobic molecule in water and
would like to show the regions around the molecule where there is no
water. How do I achieve this? Using volmap and volumeslice
representation I can show this as slices, but I could not show all the
regions together for the whole molecule. I have a feeling that the
isosurface representation can probably do this, but I could not figure
out how to show the regions with density range "0 to <some cut-off
value)" around the solute.

Also, with the volmap type "distance", how is it possible to have a
reference group (like solute) and calculate the distance map with the
solvent molecules?

Thanks and regards,
Suman.