From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 23:59:51 CDT

Hi,
  You should be able to do this using the RMSD Trajectory Tool or
one of the many RMSD related example scripts, by providing an appropriate
atom selection using the "within" or "exwithin" keywords as necessary.
If you need help with understanding how to use those, see the VMD User's
Guide, and/or the VMD tutorials.