From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 05 2009 - 09:48:59 CDT

Dan,
  Please ignore this message. This is a bug in the MacOS 10.5.x
disk image utility. The disk images of VMD 1.8.6 were created
on MacOS 10.4.x using Apple's utility, and are compressed. Starting
in recent revisions of MacOS 10.5.x, these images (and any that
were built with certain compression options enabled) started yielding
the warning you're seeing. It can be safely ignored, as there's
nothing wrong with the disk images, and they open without any warning
on the older MacOS 10.4.x versions still.