From: Goutham (gouthambs_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 01 2009 - 22:43:23 CDT

Hey Peter,
I run the following command on a protein selection to calculate all energy
using PME.

namdenergy -all -sel $prot -pme -extsys minimize.xsc -debug

This gives the following error:
FATAL ERROR: Sorry, pairInteraction not implemented for full electrostatics.

The namd-temp.namd file looks like this:
######################################
structure final.psf
paraTypeCharmm on
parameters
/home1/goutham/lib/vmd-text/plugins/noarch/tcl/readcha
mpar1.0/par_all27_prot_lipid_na.inp
numsteps 1
exclude scaled1-4
outputname namd-temp
temperature 0
COMmotion yes
cutoff 12
dielectric 1.0
extendedSystem minimize.xsc
PME on
PMEGridSizeX 109
PMEGridSizeY 110
PMEGridSizeZ 111

switchdist 10
*pairInteraction on*
pairInteractionGroup1 1
pairInteractionFile namd-temp.pdb
pairInteractionSelf on
coordinates namd-temp.pdb
run 0

Here if switch pairInteraction to off in the namd-temp.namd file and run
namd2 on it, then it goes through fine.

I wonder why the -pme flag in namdenergy turns on the pairinteraction to on.
How else can i fix this?

Thanks

Goutham