From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 01 2009 - 00:31:01 CDT

Raluca,
  I see a number of strange things going on in your script:
1) Why do you have all of the "menu" commands? These should probably
   all be deleted, there's no reason to be manipulating the GUIs from
   within your script, it's just slowing things down.

2) Another odd thing is the code that you have that's overwriting
   $tmpFile (same filename you just read in!) with another copy.
   I don't understand the point of the "work pqr file" section...

Please delete all of the menu commands and explain or fix the
weird code in the "work pqr file" section, and send me your cleaned
up version, and we'll go from there.