From: Ocar Campos (ocarnorsk138_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 14:51:44 CDT

Hello:
         I'm a newcomer to VMD and I have to do some things with the tk
console, one of this is to count the number of some aminoacids in a protein,
for example I have to count the number of histidines I have, for this I
found I could use the following command:

          set n [[atomselect top "resname HSD"] num]

        But I realized this counts the number of atoms that are related to
the Histidine, Is there a way to count the number of histidines, but not the
atoms related to histidines?
In my protein that command gives back a 68, and it should be a 4.

Cheers.

O'car Campos C.
Bioinformatics Engineering Student.
Universidad de Talca.