From: Ioana Cozmuta (ioana_at_nas.nasa.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 14:36:26 CST

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think the equivalent in NAMD would be to
apply a constant force. The difference is that with IMD you can apply the
force in the direction you want and then also remove it when you think it
has done its job. In NAMD the constant force that you apply is there for
the duration of the simulation so the only way I could come up with was to
design a file where I apply 5ps a force then remove it then apply it again
in another direction. I was just wondering if there was a more simple way
and also a reproducible way using IMD.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,
Ioana

* Ioana Cozmuta, PhD * *
* NASA-AMES Research Center * "Gravitation can not be held responsible*
* Mail Stop 230-3 * for people falling in love" *
* Moffet Field,CA 94035 * *
* phone: (650) 604-0993 * Albert Einstein*
* fax: (650) 604-0350 * (1879-1955) *