From: Lan He (Lan.He_at_asu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 25 2009 - 17:33:41 CDT

Hello,

I'd like to use VMD for the movie of bonding formation. I have coordinate files for the structure from MD simulations. Now I'm planing to prepare sufficient frames for the structure along MD evolution time at first. Since each frame for the struture at specific MD time has its coordinate file, I don't know how to use tcl script to drive render commands and produce the sequence of all frames.
Next, if all frames are ready, I'd like to know if I need import these figure files into animation package ,such as Movie maker in VMD extensions. As I never make a movie for MD simulation results, I really have no idea about this. If you know how to use VMD for making movies, please kindly tell me the procedure or give me some advice. Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Lan He
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

Arizona State University

Tempe, AZ