From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 15 2009 - 15:14:45 CDT

On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 14:20 -0500, John Stone wrote:
> Axel,
> The VMD version info is in the first line of his email:
> > > I had problems running vmd-1.8.7a55 on KUbuntu 8.10 for several days.

grrr. too much time time in front of the screen i guess.
time for another coffee refill.

> That's one of the previous test versions from a couple weeks ago..

well, apart from the one typo the script should be the same.

> We still need all of the verbatim command/error log info however.

i just saw that dash is available for fedora 10 and that my new
laptop is running w/o csh, so that the 1.8.7a60 test install is
using the bourne shell version. there are indeed a couple of
bash-ism left, interestingly enough also the fedora 10 bash
derived /bin/sh complains (but in different lines than /bin/dash).

will upload a corrected version of the script to biocore, when
i found the origin and corrected it. those need to be fixed regardless
of whether they are connected to tom's problems.

cheers,
   axel.