From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 20:26:06 CDT

Hi Peter,
yes, you're going to need to create a volumetric data file in order to
show a real isosurface. The dx format is not difficult to understand;
you should just be able to run through your pdb and write the needed
values. See the documentation at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/molfile/dxplugin.html.

Best,
Peter