From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 21:58:40 CDT

Bo,
  Is this a laptop or a desktop machine? The SIS chips leave
much to be desired, and my recommendation would be to immediately
look into upgrading to a more capable graphics card if possible.
If this is on a laptop that cannot be upgraded, then your only
real option is to get an updated graphics driver that's more reliable.