From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 12:01:10 CDT

Hi,
  The blender wavefront .obj parser can't handle spaces at the
beginning of lines? I'm surprised to hear that, as many other
tools have successfully loaded the .obj files produced by VMD.
I'll have a look at the code and get back to you on this, it
should be trivial for me to adjust the output as per your request.