From: Leonardo Trabuco (ltrabuco_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 07 2009 - 20:07:47 CST

Dear Irene,

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Irene Newhouse <einew_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to put Dowser up on a newish Dell T5400 workstation running
> Red Hat Linux release 5.
>
> I installed it & the plug in comes up in VMD. However, when I try to use it,
> I get a message:
> DOWSER: Undefined variable.
>
> So I tried to run it stand-alone, just typing dowser, to get the usage
> message. No such luck, I got the undefined variable message again. Has
> anyone encountered this?

Please read DOWSER's manual:
http://hekto.med.unc.edu:8080/HERMANS/software/DOWSER/Dowman.htm

Quoting the manual:

   Before running Dowser:

   Before running Dowser execute "source
/usr/local/initial/dowserinit". This initalizes the environment
variable "DOWSER" and places the Dowser executables in your "path".
(The exact location of the file dowserinit depends on the
installation.)

Of course the location of dowserinit will depend upon your installation.

Cheers,
Leo

--
Leonardo Trabuco, Ph.D. candidate