From: Amr Rizq (Amr.Rizq_at_bibalex.org)
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 06:00:58 CST

Dear all,

When I tried to make an IMD Simulation by using a compiled VMD 1.8.6 source (I compiled using OpenGL option for display device), I cannot connect to a running NAMD 2.6 (from VMD Menu: Extensions->Simulation->IMD Connect). I always receive the following error (in VMD log):

ERROR) Unable to ascertain relative endianness of remote machine

Investigating the NAMD log I noticed that error:

Warning: Incompatible Interactive MD, use VMD v1.4b2 or higher
Warning: IMD connection failed

But I could be able to connect between the distributed binary version of VMD and binary distributed or compiled version of NAMD. For a version of VMD which I compiled myself and tried to connect to a running NAMD, I failed to connect.
What's wrong here?And why didn't VMD, which I compiled, connect to NAMD?

Best regards,

    Amr Rizq