From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2009 - 20:47:32 CST

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Nikolay Simakov wrote:

nikolay,

NS> Thank you John for reply,
NS>
NS> I understand that VMD utilize simple distance method, still it should work
NS> in my case.

depends. how standard conformant is your pdb file?
how do you generate the partial files? with a text editor?

parsing non-standard conforming pdb file can give
quite surprising results.

can you upload the files somewhere (e.g. VMD biocore project),
where they can be inspected more closely and we can track down,
what they do to the pdb parser in the VMD's file reader library?

thanks,
   axel.