From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 12:30:12 CST

Hi Matt,
  For your particular problem, I'd recommend using the
Mouse->Move->Molecule menu item to actually manipulate the
atom coordinates rather than the view transform. That should
avoid the problem you're having there. From there, you can
use the 'writepdb' option of atomselect to write the structure
that you changed to a new file so that you can load that one
from then on. If this isn't appropriate to your needs, there
are other things one can do to get what you want.