From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 00:06:40 CST

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:09:16AM -0800, Christopher Hartshorn wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> I have been looking at the membrane builder plugin and still have a
> question about the membranes generated, after reading the online
> info. In regards to the "pre-equilibriated" patch, how long was it
> "pre-equilibriated" before being put into this plugin? Also, is there
> a new version with more lipid types (e.g beyond POPE and POPC)?

Regarding the equilibrated patch, the person to ask is Ilya Balabin
who is the original developer of the plugin. He's at Duke now, and
his web page is here: http://www.chem.duke.edu/~ilya/

> Finally, on a different note, I have been using the latest VMD alpha
> build (VMD 1.8.7 a51 Mac OSX) and there is a minor (and I mean MINOR)
> problem when quitting the program. The program spits out the
> following error message every time I quit the program:
> ERROR
> while executing
> "exit"
> After I click Ok to the message, the program quits itself anyway,
> effectively eliminating this from being an actual problem. But I felt
> I should mention it anyway.

Interesting. Had you tested any of the older alpha versions, and did
you ever see this before? Or has this only occured with a51? I'd been
working through a few unusual bugs that cropped up with the migration to
Tcl/Tk 8.5.x, so this may be related to one of the ones I've already fixed,
but we can verify this by having you test a newer test build when I post
one in a day or two.