From: maria goranovic (mariagoranovic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 09:19:24 CST

Thank you for the tips, Axel.

I load a pdb file in VMD, and then I try to run play myscript where myscript
is essentially a set of vmd commands, which also reads in a specific
trajectory file called file.dcd. What I want to do is replace file.dcd by a
variable like $file.

>From the vmd console on the GUI, this does not work:

play myscript -args file.dcd

Usually something like this works for a vmd script, but running from the
unix console
*
*vmd -dispdev text -args file.dcd

I hope that clarifies the question?

-Maria

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu

akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu http://www.cmm.upenn.edu
> Center for Molecular Modeling -- University of Pennsylvania
> Department of Chemistry, 231 S.34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
> tel: 1-215-898-1582, fax: 1-215-573-6233, office-tel: 1-215-898-5425

Maria G.
Technical University of Denmark
Copenhagen