From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 11:28:14 CST

Chris,
  I replied to your other email about this. My first suggestion is to
have you use the OpenGL version and we can work through whatever problem
is locking up your video. (probably an XFree driver issue)
The issue with the Mesa version involves dynamic linking between different
Linux versions/distributions, the OpenGL version typically has fewer problems
in that regard. In any case, these errors are not fatal, as the plugins that
VMD is complaining are also statically linked into the binary in order to
give users a minimally working VMD despite any linkage problems (like yours)
that may come up. Anyway, let me know about the questions I asked in my
other email and we can get you fixed up.

Thanks,