From: AA (nitroamos_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2009 - 13:21:15 CST

I'm writing my own software, and I want to be able to visualize what I have on a grid. The grid is fixed, but the number and types of atoms/molecules at each site changes, so some atoms enter or leave the system permanently.

The XYZ format looks like it would match what I want to do, so I programmed that up... however, according to this page:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/molfile/xyzplugin.html
it reads the atom labels ONCE, and then never again.

I need to be able to change the labels for each step.

Is there a way to do this with VMD?
Any relevant or alternative suggestions are welcomed.

thanks!

Amos.