From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 16:47:39 CST

Dear VMD-L,
  Since VMD 1.8 was released, we've fixed bugs in several
plugins, added some new plugins, and improved the file
users that have been waiting on the new 'xyz' and gaussian
cube file reading plugins, I have gone ahead and created a
new plugin library on the VMD web site where you can download
the latest plugins for all of the supported VMD platforms.

The process is manual currently, but I'm already working on a
"plugin updater plugin" which will fully automate this process
in the future. If you need help retrieving and using the new
plugins, please let me know. The most basic instructions
are posted on the plugin library web site already, I'll
improve them as I get more feedback from other users.

Here is the new plugin library URL:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/

Again, since this is the first posting on this page, please feel free
to ask me questions about installing/using the new plugins.

Thanks,