From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 08:23:16 CST

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Jun Cheng wrote:

JC> Dear VMD users,

dear jun,

JC> I want to display cube files using isosurface methods. I want to show the
JC> difference or sum of two cube files. Is that possible to use VMD to add the
JC> data in one cube to the other, or subtract one from the other? Thanks in

not as such (or rather not yet), but many codes that produce
cube files also have tools to process them. i've written some
for my own purposes as well (to cut out pieces from a larger
cube, or to cut away empty outer parts) and based on those
experiences i would say sum and difference of two cubes are
quite straightforward to implement.

cheers,
   axel.