From: Berit Hinnemann (behi_at_topsoe.dk)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 07:03:06 CST

Hi Roberto,

I remember to have seen a solution in Axel Kohlmeyer's vmd tutorial, where
he explains how to display a changing number of atoms. It is here

http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part4.html#chap6_sect1

Best regards,
Berit
Berit Hinnemann
Research Scientist | Characterization Department | Research & Development
Haldor Topsøe A/S
Nymøllevej 55
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
Phone: +45 4527 2130 (direct)
Haldor Topsøe is market leading within heterogeneous catalysis and
supplies catalysts and process design for oil refineries, chemical plants
and the energy sector. The environment plays an important role in Topsøe's
research and production, and through the introduction of new catalysts and
technologies the company supports a more sustainable use of the world's
resources. Annual revenues total DKK 3.5 billion generated by our 1,700
dedicated employees. For additional information please see our web site
www.topsoe.com

"Roberto Gaspari" <Roberto.Gaspari_at_empa.ch>
Sent by: owner-vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
26-11-2008 12:13

<vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
cc

Subject
vmd-l: Movie of a xyz trajectory

Good morning to all,
I've produced a trajectory with xyz files of a system with three different
atoms. Each frame of the trajectory can be displayed correctly when loaded
alone and all the three atoms have a different colour. When I cat the
frames in a single trajectory file, and load this file to VMD, the
animation starts correctly, but from the second frame on, the colours
don't match anymore the correct atoms.
An example of my trajectory file would be:
3

Fe x1 y1 z1
Cu x2 y2 z2
Au x3 y3 z3
3

Fe x4 y4 z4
Fe x5 y5 z5
Au x6 y6 z6

PS My trajectory frames have a constant number of overall atoms, but the
number of individual species changes at every step.. maybe this can be a
problem?

Best Regards,
Roberto Gaspari

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is confidential and
may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee.
Any unauthorised distribution or disclosure is prohibited. Disclosure to
anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver of
privilege.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your computer system and
records.
HALDOR TOPSOE (www.topsoe.com)