From: Ghaleb El Masri (ghaleb.elmasri_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 14:44:39 CST

Dear Colleagues,

I am currently looking at the solvent accessible surface of a protein
using different solvent radii. I am using a large range of radii, up
to 30nm. To do this, I am using the solvent drawing method in VMD.
I was wondering if there was a way to calculate the new enclosed
volume of each of my representations based on the solvent accessible
surface. Is there some sort of option or command that will do this?
I am fairly new to VMD so perhaps I have overlooked an existing feature.

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ghaleb El Masri
University of Toronto