From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 05:01:21 CST

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Vlad Cojocaru wrote:

VC> Dear VMD users,

dear vlad,

VC> I was wondering if there is a way to view only parts of the volumetric data
VC> loaded into a molecule. For instance, I would like to see the electrostatic

not sure whether there some way to do this with the current volume
data manipulation tools from within VMD. they have become quite
powerful recently.

i've been using a small tool written in fortran to manipulate gaussian
cube files in a similar way (only that i wanted to keep data close to
atoms, instead of removing it). i can send it to you, if you feel like
hacking it for your purposes...

cheers,
    axel.