From: Sandro Canavezzi de Abreu (sandroid_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 11:44:29 CST

hi Axel,
thanks a lot for you reply.
I had a quick look into Shaw's work and is really impressive.
In my case, I am really in the beginning of my project, even trying to check
if itīs possible in technical terms.
What I have so far is just a patch where I can load obj. models (with
textures, materials, etc) and navigate into it using wiimote and nunchuk. I
can control in real time the texture, materials, light, distortion (using
shaders), etc. But this is working with small modells. I would like to try
it with more complexes modells (like molecules chains, etc).
Huge equipments resources (like clusters) are not available for me now.
But I will contact Shaw and have a chat about possible collaborations.

greetings,

sandro canavezzi

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu
> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Sandro Canavezzi de Abreu wrote:
>
> hi sandro (and cc),
>
> this does not solve your immediate problem, but the following
> paragraph in your mail caught my attention.
>
> SCA> Anyways, now for me would be important to grasp the model: I have a
> patch
> SCA> that I made where you can navigate thru a object using the wiimote
> (the
> SCA> remote control from NINTENDO) and I would like to use it to navigate
> thru
> SCA> the VMD model.
>
> please note, that shawn brown from the PSC is working on a
> cross-platform version of wiimote control of VMD. it may be
> useful to hook up with shawn, so that duplication of efforts
> is minimized and a most generic implementation is done.
>
> cheers,
> axel.

> Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu http://www.cmm.upenn.edu
> Center for Molecular Modeling -- University of Pennsylvania
> Department of Chemistry, 231 S.34th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6323
> tel: 1-215-898-1582, fax: 1-215-573-6233, office-tel: 1-215-898-5425

Sandro Canavezzi de Abreu