From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 13:51:23 CST

Hi,
  It turns out that the problem was caused by the comment lines
at the top of the .vert and .face files. The older versions of
MSMS didn't emit these lines, and so the MSMS plugin was failing
when it encountered them. I have updated the VMD MSMS plugin and
the next test builds I post will include the updated plugin.