From: Benjamin Bouvier (benjamin.bouvier_at_ibcp.fr)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 10:46:03 CDT

Hi all,

I'd like to make a movie out of a set of custom representations that are
built using the 'graphics' low-level call.

It seems, however, that 'graphics' calls affect all frames of a trajectory
simultaneously rather than one at a time... Since the computation of the
representations (ie, the generation of the Tcl code that draws them) is
time-consuming, on-the-fly recalculation at each frame change is out of
the question. My initial idea would be to store the Tcl code for each
frame in a list or array, and have it execute at each frame change; not
very elegant, and also not very fast, since parsing the (rather lengthy)
Tcl code for each frame takes a couple of seconds...

Any ideas?

Benjamin