From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 11:11:02 CDT

Hi,
  You can't really compute missing velocities from thin air. The only way
you'd be able to produce a velocity restart file is if you had stored
every timestep your trajectory, which is quite unusual.
I don't know if AMBER has a way to re-initialize the velocities
given some temperature set point, but something like that may be
a better way of doing it than trying to reconstruct what they were
at the end of the last run.