From: Anirban Ghosh (anirbanz83_at_yahoo.co.in)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2008 - 13:04:09 CDT

Hi, See if you have an empty .vmdrc file in your home directory. That might be the prolem as to why the VMD main window is not running. If you have an empty .vmdrc file then just delete or rename the .vmdrc file, or add the line "menu main on", which should open the main menu. Regards, Anirban Ghosh M.Tech Bioinformatics University of Hyderabad ----- Original Message ---- From: Tomek Wlodarski <tomek.wlodarski_at_gmail.com> To: vmd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu Sent: Friday, 3 October, 2008 5:53:25 PM Subject: vmd-l: Problems after installation (ubuntu 8.04) Dear VMD users, I have problems with installation vmd on my laptop (Intel 64bit, nVIDIA) After installing VMD (LINUXAMD64 or LINUX OPENGL ) everything is ok, vmd starts but only console an VMD OpenGL display (no errors appear). Unfortunately I do not have main menu... I had remove all graphics decoration modules like compiz but still nothing has change... I have no idea what is wrong - on my older computer (ubuntu 7.04) vmd is working great with compiz-fusion, emerald and xgl. Do you have any ideas? For any advice I would be very thankful :) Best, tomek Get perfect Email ID for your Resume. Grab now http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address