From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2008 - 14:15:18 CDT

Hi,
  It depends on wheter you're Linux distribution is a 64-bit
linux distro, or a 32-bit distro. I assume that you have a
64-bit x86 CPU, yes? If so, then that would be the right
version of VMD to install. Please read through the VMD
Linux release notes carefully for additional information:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/linuxrelnotes.html