From: Mamta Mohan (mamta_mohan_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2008 - 10:44:27 CDT

Dear VMD Team,

I have dual-core processor running windows. I want to use both processor for simulation but after reading AutoIMD document it seems that I cannot do that. I am listing the text below.

AutoIMD Requirements
To get started using AutoIMD with your system, you will need the following:

  1.. A computer running UNIX, with VMD (version 1.8.1 or later) installed. Computers running Windows are not currently supported.
  2.. An installed copy of NAMD, either on the local machine or on a cluster. If you wish to run your simulations on a local cluster, you need to perform some additional steps which are detailed later, in section 4.
  3.. If you wish to use a haptic device, you must also set up VMD accordingly (see the VMD documentation).
  4.. Any kind of coordinate file (PDB, DCD, etc.) as well as a PSF file describing your system.
  5.. A CHARMM parameter file for your simulation.
My question is to submit simulation (It is 1ns, so it runs for a while) on my desktop to use both processors for faster processing, is there any other way or AutoIMD is the only way.

If you could clarify that for me I would appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Mamta Mohan