From: Paul T. Bauman (pbauman_at_ices.utexas.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 10:42:10 CDT

Hello,

I'm using VMD 1.8.6 on Linux_AMD64_OPENGL. I tried looking through the
archive for some discussion of the following, but couldn't find it.

I've noticed recently that if there are many atoms in my .pdb file, that
the "CONECT" records do not seem to be processed correctly and the bonds
are not plotted. Note that "autobonds" are still plotted. The magic
number is somewhere between 3,000 "ATOM"'s (bonds are plotted) and
100,000 (greater than or equal, bonds are not plotted). Is there a
maximum number of "ATOM"'s that can be in the .pdb file for "CONECTS" to
be plotted? I only use "ATOM" and "CONECT" records in my .pdb file.

I didn't want to send the file over the list because it's pretty large,
but please let me know if you'd like it.

Any assistance is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul