From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 09:07:29 CST

Hi,

Since you can't really move around within frames while the trajectory file
is being loaded, what I would recommend is simply to load the file as quickly
as possible. You can do this by having VMD load all frames before it returns;
this way it doesn't have to redraw the graphics for every frame.

There are two ways to load all frames at once. From the text console,
instead of writing
  animate read trj foo.trj
write
  animate read trj foo.trj waitfor all

You can also get this behavior from the file loader menu by selecting
the "Load all at once checkbox" in the lower left corner.

Cheers,
Justin

--
  Justin Gullingsrud        3111 Beckman Institute        217-244-8946
  I been dropping the new science, and I be kicking the new knowledge,