From: hzf101_at_psu.edu
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 13:12:52 CDT

Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed VMD 1.8.6 for Linux (Redhat 9 or later)
on my machine.

To test the installation, I tried to open a PDB file. This trial was
unsuccessful since as soon as I hit the "load" button, the VMD windows shut
down. Interestingly I have no issue to visualize the trajectory files in the
VMD-tutorial. I tested the same version of VMD for windows and everything
looks perfectly fine.

Searching the mailing list indicates that I am not the only one having this
problem but unfortunately I couldn't find the proper solution to fix this.

I appreciate if anyone can help me out.

Thanks

HF