From: Oleg Stroganov (stroganov_at_belozersky.msu.ru)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 18:03:29 CDT

Hello, John

Actually I've have done the following thing: I've saved vmd-representation
of the scene with amount of fog I need, then loaded this scene into
independent VMD session (with command line "vmd -e scene.vmd") and finally
typed "render Tachyon scene.dat" in VMD command prompt. My VMD session
("scene.vmd") contained these lines:

display depthcue on
display cuestart 0.500000
display cueend 10.000000
display cuedensity 0.450000
display cuemode Exp2

so, I guess depth cueing was enabled. Tachyon files which I've got in
normal mode ("vmd -e scene.vmd") and in display-free mode ("vmd -e
scene.vmd -dispdev none") were different - in latter there were no FOG at
all. Another interesting thing about the fog: I've tried to enable depth
cueing directly from command line, and this is what I've got in "dispdev
none" mode:

vmd > display depthcue on
vmd > display get depthcue
off
vmd >

I hope, this information will be useful,

Sincerely yours,

Oleg Stroganov