From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2008 - 20:44:41 CDT

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Roman Petrenko wrote:

RP> sorry for being so stupid,
RP> it just struck me that cellBasisVectors are simply rounded to higher
RP> integer coordinate differences (max-min).
RP>
RP> Ok, how to explain number 32???

about one gridpoint per angstrom? that is typical
for PME with normal accuracy.

if you start from the result of "solvate" it doesn't
really matter if your box is too large (but too small
will get you into trouble due to overlapping atoms).
running in NPT-ensemble will then shrink the box to
normal density. from then on you'd either restart or
have to fix your input.

cheers,
   axel.

p.s.: this is namd-l stuff, right?